Successful ways on how to make money on jumia
Jumia is a popular e-commerce platform that operates in several African countries. If you’re looking to make money on Jumia, here are some successful ways to consider:
1. Sell products as a vendor:
Jumia allows individuals and businesses to sell products on their platform. You can become a Jumia vendor by registering and creating a seller account. Once approved, you can list your products and start selling to Jumia’s large customer base. Ensure that you choose products with good demand and competitive pricing to increase your chances of making sales.
Jumia Vendor Selling Steps
As a Jumia vendor, here are the steps involved in selling products on Jumia:
- Register as a vendor: Visit the Jumia vendor registration page and sign up as a vendor by providing your business information, including your company name, contact details, and any necessary legal documentation.
- Account verification: Once you have registered, you will need to go through a verification process to ensure the legitimacy of your business. This may involve submitting additional documents such as your business license, tax ID, or any other required certifications.
- Product listing: After your account is verified, you can start listing your products on Jumia’s platform. Create detailed and attractive product listings with clear descriptions, high-quality images, and relevant keywords to attract potential buyers.
- Inventory management: Keep your inventory up-to-date on Jumia’s seller portal. Regularly update the stock quantities, pricing, and other product details to avoid overselling or any discrepancies between your own stock and what is displayed on the platform.
- Order management: When a customer places an order for your product, you will receive a notification through the seller portal or email. Process the order promptly, ensuring accurate packaging and labeling of the product.
- Shipping and delivery: Jumia offers various shipping options, including self-delivery or utilizing Jumia’s logistics services. Coordinate with the logistics team or choose your preferred shipping method to ensure the timely delivery of orders to customers.
- Customer service: Provide excellent customer service by promptly responding to customer inquiries, addressing any concerns, and resolving issues. Jumia has a messaging system within the seller portal that allows you to communicate with customers directly.
- Payment and settlement: Jumia handles the payment process, collecting payments from customers on your behalf. Once the order is successfully delivered and confirmed by the customer, Jumia will initiate the payment to your registered bank account, minus any applicable fees or commissions.
Reviews and ratings:
Encourage customers to leave reviews and ratings for your products. Positive reviews and high ratings can boost your credibility and attract more customers. Respond to customer reviews, whether positive or negative, to show your dedication to customer satisfaction.
Performance monitoring and improvement:
Continuously monitor your performance metrics on Jumia’s seller portal. Pay attention to customer feedback, order fulfillment rates, and other key indicators. Identify areas for improvement and take necessary steps to optimize your selling strategy.
Dropshipping: Rather than stocking inventory, you can set up a dropshipping business on Jumia. With dropshipping, you partner with suppliers who handle the storage, packaging, and shipping of products directly to customers. When a customer places an order on Jumia, you forward the order to the supplier who fulfills it. The difference between the supplier’s price and the retail price becomes your profit.
Jumia offers an affiliate program where you can earn a commission by promoting Jumia products and driving sales through your affiliate links. You can join the Jumia affiliate program and promote products through your website, blog, social media channels, or other online platforms. When someone makes a purchase through your affiliate link, you earn a commission.
Sell handmade or unique products:
If you are skilled at creating handmade or unique products, you can leverage Jumia to reach a wider customer base. Jumia has a section called “Jumia Handmade” where you can list and sell your handmade items, crafts, artwork, or other personalized goods.
Jumia not only sells physical products but also offers services such as hotel bookings, flight tickets, event tickets, and more. If you have expertise in a particular service area, you can become a service provider on Jumia and earn money by offering your services through the platform.
Become a Jumia agent:
Jumia has a network of agents who help with order deliveries, customer support, and other logistics-related tasks. You can apply to become a Jumia agent and earn money by assisting with the smooth functioning of Jumia’s operations.
Remember, success on Jumia, like any other business, requires effort, market research, good customer service, and effective marketing strategies.